How to Use Leftover Stuffing

After Thanksgiving I had a lot of leftovers. I made enough food to feed about 6 people, but there were only 3 of us, and 2 left a couple days later. If you do the math, that means I was left to eat food for 4.3 people before it went bad. Fact.

I am personally not a huge fan of stuffing most of the time. The flavor is great, but the consistency isn't my favorite. I like it when it is baked so the outside is crispy, but we didn't have the patience or space in the oven to make that happen this year.

Instead of throwing away my leftover stuffing, I decided to make mini-quiches with it. Bare with me, please, they were actually quite delectable. For 6 of these creations please read below.


Ingredients:
- Leftover Stuffing
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices of cheese (any kind you like, I used Havarti)
- Some Spinach

  1. Grease 6 holes in a muffin pan and pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
  2. Spoon about a tablespoon of stuffing into each greased hole
  3. Put a couple spinach leaves on top (1-2 per mini-quiche is fine)
  4. Layer on a quarter of a slice of cheese per mini-quiche
  5. Scramble the eggs in a bowl and pour about a half an egg into each hole
Bake for 12-15 minutes until eggs are cooked through. Use a knife to unstick from the sides of the pan and voila! The are great as finger foods, so simple to make, and delicious, even to the girl who doesn't like stuffing.

1 comment: