Cocktail Hour

Generally when I'm out at a bar or ordering a drink with dinner, I'll get some sort of beer or wine. Mostly, this is because I really don't know of any awesome cocktails to ask for. I know simple cocktails like vodka cranberries, screw drivers, and white russians from my college days of mixing drinks with the cheapest ingredients possible, but beyond a few of the basics, I'm clueless when it comes to a good cocktail.

My boyfriend loves a drink called the Tom Collins. I had never heard of this cocktail before meeting him, and never actually tried more than a sip of one until this weekend. We made them using a really easy recipe at my apartment and I loved them! Mostly because I couldn't taste the gin at all. It just tasted light, citrusy, and bubbly.

Here's how you make one (from drinkmixer.com):

2 oz gin
1 oz lemon juice
1 tsp superfine sugar
3 oz club soda
maraschino cherry
1 slice orange

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the gin, lemon juice, and sugar. Shake well. Strain into a collins glass almost filled with ice cubes. Add the club soda. Stir and garnish with the cherry and the orange slice.



Let me know what you guys think! Any fun cocktails suggestions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment