Maple Spice Cookies

When I am stressed I bake. And for this Post Grad, it has been an extremely stressful week, month and year. I actually feel like the Friends theme song is my anthem: my job's a joke, I'm broke and my love life is D.O.A. SO to remedy the situation I took a trip to the baking aisle of Safeway to get some supplies.

Today I decided to make a delectable fall treat: Maple Spice Cookies. Sweet but not too sweet with a touch of spice, all wrapped up in a golden brown cookie.

Ingredients:

2 cups Flour
1/3 Cup Butter
1 Egg
1 Egg white
3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 Teaspoons maple extract
1 Teaspoon vanilla Extract
1 Cup Brown Sugar
A few dashes each of All Spice, Cloves and Cinnamon


1. Preheat the oven to 325
2. Combine the sugar and butter (softened) until mixed thoroughly
3. Add the eggs and extracts. Beat until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and spices.
5. Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture while stirring. It is ready when it forms a dough.
6. Put balls of dough on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until done.
I also like toppings on cookies, so half of these got Maple Syrup drizzled on top and the other half got a thin layer of frosting. Both turned out to be the perfect fall cookie and made my stress levels temporarily decrease. I am sure the sugar also helped.

1 comment:

  1. I also find baking to be a huge stress relieving. These cookies sound great - I'll have to give them a try the next time I'm stressed. :)

    ReplyDelete