Drive to Work Playlist

It's very hard for me to be happy on the drive to work. It took me from my nice, comfy bed and will provide a headache for the next 9-10 hours, why would I be happy? Unfortunately I have to talk to clients at work so being unhappy is not an option. The only solution I have found is listening to great music on my commute.

  1. Kane Show on 99.5 FM. I know this isn't a song, per se, but the morning show is really funny.
  2. Ida Maria "Bad Karma" It is so upbeat but has a message I can relate to while driving into work.
  3. Kanye West. Just about anything by Kanye. Top 2 right now are "Hell of a Life" and "Power"
  4. Citizen Cope "son's Gonna Rise."
  5. MGMT "Time to Pretend"

What songs do you listen to to make going to work a little less sad?

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with podcasts. I used to listen to the morning shows but hearing the same bad songs over and over started to grate on me. Then I started listening to NPR like a good little liberal, until the debt ceiling debate started and listening to the news every morning made me angry and miserable. So I moved onto podcasts. All of the ones I listen to are free from iTunes. I do listen to them on my smartphone, but you can burn them onto CDs too, or listen to them while at your desk. Podcasts have improved my morning so much, because I no longer feel like I'm rotting my brain on my commute.

    My favorites are:
    Savage Love (don't listen to this one with your parents or small children...)
    All Songs Considered
    This American Life
    Stuff You Missed in History Class
    Stuff You Should Know

    Okay, done gushing now...

    ReplyDelete