Day Trips: Annapolis

I have been getting something like cabin fever again in DC. After being here a while I just really need to get out. And it's not for lack of fun things to do, DC has so many I don't think I could ever do them all. It's a change of scenery kind of thing. After driving down the same roads to go to the same job and eating at the same places you just need to spice it up.

So this weekend a friend and I took a day trip to Annapolis. It is where the Naval Academy is located, as well as some very pretty places to walk around and eat by the docks. We also found a place called the "Red Red Wine Bar." They didn't serve enough food to eat lunch there but it is now on my list of places to get drunk. If you haven't noticed, wine is my favorite.

Getting away from where you are all week can be so calming. Just driving farther from the city cleared my head. And being with Wifey with Brit Brit blasting helped too. And, in 2 weeks, we will be all the way in Chincoteague. There will be pictures for that one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment