5 Things to Do During Irene

As I am looking out my living room window at the wind and rain, I figured it might be helpful to share some ideas on things we can do to wait it out. Only some of these still apply if the power goes out. I would also like to add that drinking is implied with all of the below, which is why it doesn't have its own number.

  1. Start the project you've been putting off. Whether it's the short story you've been trying to get on paper or the painting you just haven't had the chance to begin yet, now is the time.
  2. Read. It's relaxing. And Game of Thrones is calling.
  3. Catch up on the news. The real news. Not all of this hurricane hysteria. Do you know what the status is in Libya? I didn't think so.
  4. The always fun TV show catch up. There's some True Blood that you need to watch and Weeds has gotten pretty good too.
  5. Sleep. This is what I plan on doing when the electric finally goes out. My body is craving it. And there are few other things to do with no electric unless you happen to have a special friend over already.
Good luck readers! Hope everyone stays safe and dry.

1 comment: