My Typical Day Preview

I apologize that I've been MIA for about a week now. I thought my life would calm a little after moving was over. I was wrong. I want to share with you all what a typical day is like for me. But I also want to get it juuuust right before actually publishing the post.

In saying that, I am going to give you a preview for now so that you know I haven't forgotten about you all.

9:50 am: On hold with Dell for the first time today while reading through the 215 emails I got overnight. I feel much like This Man. While on the phone I know that it is going to be an unsuccessful, painstakingly long call where I get put on hold at least 3 more times with no resolution to the issue that Dell instigated when they screwed up.

9:59 am: Still on the phone with Dell but Boss Man calls on the other line. This is the first time today that I will have the phone receiver to one ear and my cell phone plastered to to the other simultaneously. Boss Man wants an update on the list I was trying to compose while on hold.

10:05 am: Dell is still on the line. I have spoken to 3 representatives now and none of them have any idea what is actually going on. No amount of case numbers, order numbers, or names of other people who have worked on this seem to jog their memory into knowing what I'm talking about. And then Boss Man #2 walks into my office, hands me his ringing cell phone, and walks out again.

That is all I have for now, but I promise you will get an idea about how the other 23 hours and 45 minutes of my typical day are spent very very soon.

1 comment:

  1. You'd think that after founding a tech company it wouldn't be a problem, but he sure has issues with phones. I'm not sure he actually knows how to use them.

    ReplyDelete