Junk In My Trunk

This weekend, the search for my next vehicle finally came to an end. I'm trading in my 2002 Dodge Neon for a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. I thought I would be filled with joy when I finally found a replacement for the car that has given me one problem after another for years.... but I'm actually feeling very nostalgic. My little red neon was my first car and has been through a lot with me. My last two years of high school, four years of college, and it even survived it's first Rochester winter.

Today as I cleaned out my car, I was amazed at how much I had collected in the vehicle during our 7 year relationship. Here's some of what I found.

-Literally fifty mixed cds. Before the days of the ipod, I made mixed cds for all of my car trips. I can't wait to listen to the cd's and relive my high school years one Dashboard Confessional song at a time.

-Two tripods. Anyone want one?? haha

-Three flashlights. None with working batteries.

-Directions to SUNY Geneseo from the first time I ever drove up alone (I'm thinking about framing those)

-3 tennis balls. I'm guessing these were from the summer Shikole and I tried to learn to play tennis together??

-A picnic blanket

I know soon I'll adjust to my new Elantra, but I can't help but be sad about all of the memories I'll be leaving behind when I drive away from the car on the lot. I hope the Neon's next owner has as many good memories as I have had with the car (and hopefully not as many repairs!!)

3 comments:

  1. i have to admit- i am beginning to feel a little sad, realizing that when i see a red car, i will no longer be able to say "oh look its allie's car" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah but now you get to say it every time you see a silver one... think of the possibilities..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe that this time last year you had just graduated college and landed your first full-time job. Now you have you first solo apt, and you are purchasing your first vehicle! You have come so far in just one year post grad. I am so proud of you! Can't wait to see your new wheels when I visit you in July with Aunt Karen!

    ReplyDelete