Don't Think Twice

Yesterday I read in an article that Suze Rotolo had passed away. This name probably doesn't ring a bell for you... but how about Bob Dylan? I bet you've heard of that one! I'm not a huge Dylan fan, but I do love his song "Don't Think Twice It's Alright". He composed this haunting song after his girlfriend at the time, Suze Rotolo, left him to go to Italy.

I first heard the song during the very beginning of my freshman year in college. I was so nervous about what the next four years of college would bring. I was in a floundering relationship with my high school boyfriend, having a tough time meeting nice people, and just all around missing home. When I was sad, I would trek to the piano practice rooms in my college's music building and play this song to feel better. Five years later (and on the other side of my college education), I still flashback to those first months of school when I hear this Bob Dylan song.

If you're interested, I've attached the song below. Do you all have any songs that bring back such vivid memories? Tell us about them in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. "Automatic" by Utada Hikaru takes me back to middle school and the thoughts I had at that time which were a lot about where I would be going in my life and how I ought to live my life.

    ReplyDelete