Standing Still

This weekend I said goodbye to my boyfriend who will be in Cincinnati for two months for an internship. I had this weird sensation as I was watching him drive away and realized that for the first time in years, I was the one staying behind while someone else said goodbye.

In college we are always the ones saying goodbye. We get to drive away, or hop on a plane or bus, and head back to school. While we are sad to leave our families and old friends behind, it's generally softened by the fact that tons of new experiences are just around the corner for us.

This weekend, I felt what it's like to be the one left behind, and I can tell these next months will really be a growing experience. Nothing will be changing in my life (much) in the next two months while he's away. I'll be going about my same 9-5 routine, same workout schedule, seeing friends etc, etc. I have to say, I don't really mind that things are slowing down for me right now. It's actually kind of relaxing.

I've realized it's a matter of taking turns, you can't always be the one on the move. Sometimes you've got to be the one that stands still, and for right now, I'm okay with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment