A Weekend Story


This weekend I headed back to my old college, SUNY Geneseo, to visit some friends. Even though Rochester is only 45 minutes from Geneseo, I hadn't been back to the college since September. Partly because of my busy work schedule, and partly because as the months go by, I'm feeling less and less of a connection to the school.

I've found that the things I miss about college don't have to do with the actual campus itself. I miss my friends, some of my professors, my extra curricular clubs, and the college lifestyle. As I drove through the campus this Saturday, I honestly felt nothing. No sadness, not really even any nostalgia.

I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing. Have I moved on too quickly? Or maybe it just hasn't set in yet that I've actually graduated and I'm never going back? In a way it's comforting to know that I can visit the school without it tugging at my heartstrings.

What about you readers? Was there a magic moment when you realized you had moved on from your college days? Or are you still waiting for that day to come?

0 comments:

Post a Comment