Feeling Settled

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but I feel that mixed in with our helpful tips and life experiences, we end up complaining a lot on this blog. We are transitional 20-something post grads, so I suppose a bit of angst is expected. But I have to say that lately I've been taking stock of my post grad life and I'm pretty happy with where I am right now. I'm enjoying the feeling of being settled.

I can now give people directions around this city, where back in June when I first moved here, I only knew the few city streets around my apartment. I have a steady income that helps to support me financially. I've made new friends and have my boyfriend here. I belong to a gym now, have my favorite supermarket, and have favorite spots to eat and hang out.

Do I want to try out living in a new location sometime? Of course! Do I miss home occasionally? Definitely. But for right now I'm going to focus on living in the present and appreciating what I do have in post grad life: stability.

0 comments:

Post a Comment