Time Keeps on Slipping Slipping

Into the future...
I'm with Allie in that I've been complaining on lot on here lately. And I can't stand doing it. I would much rather have nothing to complain about. Ah well, no life is perfect I suppose.

But Steve MIller said it best. His song "Fly Like and Eagle" opened my eyes to why I've been complaining. And why, in at least part of my life, I am miserable. I'm not feeding the babies, or shoeing the children, or housing the people. My job is pointless. I help the rich and powerful of this city do even less for themselves than I thought they did.

Instead of going to the Apple store and buying an iPad, my company buys it, sets it up, delivers it to the door, and trains people in how to use it. This takes several hours to complete. And technology consultants are not cheap. Trust me, I do the billing. I realized today that it actually makes me sick that some people have the money to afford this instead of doing it themselves. When there are so many without food and homes in this country and abroad it just doesn't make sense to me.

Most of our clients actually do good things as well. I am not criticizing them as people. They earned their fortunes. Being wealthy is an American dream. It's the fact that there is such a gap between the wealthy and the poor that sickens me. And again it is not the fault of the wealthy that the poor are indeed poor. I do, however, feel like there is so much more they could do with their money than pay a consulting firm so they don't have to buy their own iPad. Especially with the holiday season upon us, I feel like money should be spent with a bigger picture in mind than just your own presents. The future is upon us too. What are you going to do about it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment