The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo By Stieg Larsson

It's about to have an english movie version remade in which Daniel Craig has been cast as the male lead. It's a New York Times Bestseller.

Personally I think the first half of the book was horrible. While it gave the reader information necessary for the more interesting and intense mystery later in the book, it just dragged on. I had to force myself to continue.

The latter half of the book though was amazing. It made the first half worth it. I've never been big into mystery novels, but Larsson wrote this beautifully. There was just enough plot and romance to compliment the mystery aspect very well.

Other than the slow first half, my only complaint would be that the book is set in Sweden, and often expects the reader to know about Swedish geography. I do not know the names of Swedish towns. I do not know how big or small they are or close or far from each other. A map should have been printed in the back of the book so the reader could make sense of this.

There are two more books in the series that I will share after finishing them

Overall Rating: 3.8/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment