After Midnight in a White Room

By Shikole Struber

I realized today that we have ignored a crucial part of post grad life so far. MUSIC. We have included books and movies and food and one post about Pandora, but music has been almost entirely left out. No more.

I'd like to start the first music post by saying that music can have the most dramatic affects on mood. And right now it's time to chill in bed with a book at the end of a long, long day. Therefore I am listening to Eric Clapton.

His music is mostly chill and does not resemble all the top 40 chill music of the day. He sings about a huge variety of topics and will likely bring most post grads back to childhood when they were forced to listen to their parents' classic rock station on car rides. I can now appreciate the songs as much as my parents did when I was younger.


Whether you are looking for some Bell Bottom Blues, a Forever Man or some good old fashioned Cocaine, Clapton has it. He also branches out with some Tears in Heaven and Bad Love while looking Wonderful Tonight. I don't think he has a song I don't like. Try it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment