One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

By Shikole Struber

All through college there was one motto when it came to drinking. Well, one that is still relevant. It's not alcoholism if you're still in college. Well folks, you're no longer in college. Now what is it called when you slam back 12 shots in a night?


We've all been binge drinking for years. And thought noting of it. But now that I'm out of college I'm noticing a lot more 24 and 25 year olds who go out and get shitty every night, then go to work still drunk or massively hungover. I might not thought anything of my drinking habits before, but now I see these people and know I don't want to be doing this still when I'm that age. I mean, maybe on a weekend once in a while, but blacking out 3 times a week at that age is pathetic. And is also likely alcoholism.

Now that we have graduated we are going to be judged for our drinking habits too. Curb them a little bit. There's nothing wrong with going out and having a good time, but is it really necessary to black out and pee yourself in your sleep on a friend's couch? I didn't think so. Be smart about it. You never know when you might see a co-worker while out, or meet someone who could potentially get you a job. Being able to hold your liquor is a great skill, having someone hold your hair back over the toilet is less attractive for the job market.

0 comments:

Post a Comment