Best of 2011

A friend and I have a theory that odd numbered years suck. 2011 was no exception, overall not the best year. However, nothing is all bad, and I would like to share the highlights of my 2011 before it is forever in the past.
  1. My Trip to Turkey. One of the best decisions I have ever made and I will never forget it.
  2. Two raises and a promotion at work. My social life may have gone downhill this past year, but at least my work life is headed in the right direction.
  3. The 2011 National Book Festival. I got to see some of the best authors speak and share.
  4. The writing group I am a part of now. I have gotten a lot of much needed feedback and motivation.
  5. Winery hopping while the weather was nice. Definitely some of the best day trips that exist. (Below is Naked Mountain Winery, yes, it is called, Naked Mountain.)
  6. All the new friends I've made over the past 12 months. I'm pretty much against people, so you should all feel very privileged.
  7. The Hunger Games. Don't even pretend like you didn't read and love them. I can't wait for the movie but have low expectations of it being even close to as good as the books.

How was 2011 for the rest of you? Was it miserable all around or just for me? I can't be the only one this theory applies to. Fingers crossed the even year of 2012 brings many more highlights!

0 comments:

Post a Comment