Apple Bread

It snowed this weekend. Granted, we did not get nearly as much as the Tri-State area, but DC doesn't usually get snow at all, let alone in October. And cold weather is yet another trigger that makes me want to bake.

So I decided to make some apple bread. Apples are a great fall flavor and I have been wanting to incorporate them into a recipe for a few weeks now. I also recently bought a bread pan that I wanted to break in, so a bread was definitely in order.

Ingredients:
2 Apples, chopped
1 Stick of butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine butter and sugar until smooth
3. Beat in eggs
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves
5. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until dough forms.
6. Fold in apple pieces
7. Bake for 1 hour

I wish I could share how it turned out, but it is still baking. My apartment smells amazing right now, though, which is always a good sign. The aroma is also helping my creative process, my NanoWrimo outline is coming together splendidly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment