Daddy's Little Girl

It is Father's Day yet again. As I mentioned back in January, my own father passed away when I was 10. However, I think he still deserves a tribute today because he was an amazing Dad.

Most important things my Father taught me:

  1. Respect myself. And if a man ever doesn't, just kick him in the nads. (exact words to 7 year old me)
  2. To fish. Looking at me you'd never know that I can successfully catch a trout, gut it, skin it, and cook it. All thanks to Dad.
  3. Wear sunscreen. Always. My dad passed away from melanoma, I'd like to prevent that with my skin.
  4. Take a chance. My Gramma always tells me I'm just like my Dad in this way. He taught me well. You will never get anywhere good in life without taking a chance.
  5. How to BBQ. I can use a charcoal grill or propane grill. Keep the fire under control, and make some great meat.
Happy Father's Day to all the great Dad's out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment