Black Friday

I never understood the appeal of getting up at 4am to stand in line with tons of other people to spend money I should be spending on other things. But that is Black Friday. I think it is likely one of the most American traditions there is. It combines competition with lots of spending.

When I began writing this post I was going to give advice on how to survive the hustle and bustle. Then I realized I have no advice. Instead I'm going to give ideas of things to do INSTEAD of participate in this (horrible) American Tradition.

  1. Go to a museum. They will be empty so you can enjoy them to the fullest.
  2. Stay home! There are tons of marathons on tv. Just avoid the crowds altogether and watch some of them.
  3. Create some new recipes to use those Thanksgiving leftovers. Turkey salad anyone? How about some Pie Shakes? Latkes from leftover potatoes?
That's all I've got for now. Except maybe working, but that's not a choice so much as torture. Happy Black Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment