What Does it Mean to Be a Grown Up?

By Shikole Struber

I just used the unexpected extra money I had this week to make an early payment on one of my student loans instead of buying new boots, flats, and a bag.


Legally we are adults at 18. However very few of us act like it then. The decision I made this morning got me thinking about what it actually means to be a grown up, and if somehow I have become one.

Here are some things I think contribute to being a grown up:

  • Taking responsibility (for anything and everything)

  • Making the responsible decision instead of the fun one (paying loans instead of buying shoes)

  • Being honest (goes with taking responsibility. Why lie about who made a mess of the kitchen?)


Those are the major characteristics I see that separate a child from a grown up. What do you think contributes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment