End of the Honeymoon

By Shikole Struber

The honeymoon period of my relationship with post grad life is officially over. The novelty has worn off and I am now bored. Not just bored, though, I'm also restless, fed up with my rebound job, and wanting a change.

I've flirted with the idea of auditing classes at my alma mater to make a positive and productive change, but decided against it becuase the classes would never count towards a degree. I then considered learning a language, Rosetta Stone style. (This is idea is still in the works, i need to pick a language and find the funding.) Then I started researching graduate programs...in Saudi Arabia and Israel. Yes, I feel like I need THAT much of a change.

After all this thought about starting to learn again, I also realized I am not meant to be at this job. My boss has very different priorities and values very different things in the work place than I do. I miss nannying, and being outside in the sunlight. I miss writing. I miss small children. I miss free food at work. I'm tired of being on hold, and being asked to do things I don't know how to do.

While I don't know if returning to nannying is the best decision, I have made one important decision. My honeymoon period is over and my rebound job has to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment